La Pineda and Salou beaches are one of the main attractions in the area with fine-grain sand and clear shallow calm waters. They include facilities for the youngest kids such as entertainment activities, beach playroom or other children entertainments. You can also find a wide range of sports in the Nautical Station, such as rides in catamaran or cruise, sailing courses, windsurf, diving, kayak, canoeing, kite surf, fishing or water skiing.
Only at 500 meters from the camping you find La Pineda beaches, slightly uphill and surrounded by wide green areas. They are 3,5kms long and 40meters wide. They are divided in 3 areas, from north to south they are known as Prats Beach, La Pineda Beach and Racó Beach. Next to them you have Pau Casals promenade all along the sea; a modern public space opened to the sea, ideal to enjoy with the family.
In Salou, you have eight beaches and some coves. These coves are richer in terms of nature. They do not have a direct access and therefore they are not that crowded. A lot of them are surrounded by nature; a fact that makes them much more attractive spots.
The main beaches in Salou are:
- Llevant Beach: It is the biggest beach, about 1.200 meters. It can be cross all over following Jaume I promenade. It goes in parallel to the beach and you can find there many facilities and free time options for kids as well as adults.
- Ponent Beach: Is one of the biggest in Salou, about 1,100meters long and it is surrounded by Miramar promenade. It has a slightly uphill entrance to the sea and shallow waters. These facts make it ideal for kids.
- Capellans Beach: It is surrounded by a nice promenade and it is delimited by nature cliffs. Its shallow waters and uphill entrance make it ideal for the bath of all family.
- Llarga Beach: Its main attraction is the pine forests surrounding it and its quietness. It is far from the more touristic areas. You can access it from Replanells Street next to Salou road to Tarragona. It has as well a pedestrian promenade.
- Llenguadets Cove: It is a tinny cove surrounded by nature, with crystal clear shallow waters. You can access it only on foot by the coastal path from Salou lighthouse or either from Torrasa Street.
- Penya Tallada Cove: It is a cove very rich in nature situated between Punta Roja and Penya Tallada, the rocked Wall entering the sea. You can access it from Penya Tallada Street.
- Font Cove: It is a cove with fine-grain sand flanked by rocks. It is limited by nature and you can safely and easily access to it. It is an ideal place to practice snorkel because of its calm water that enables you to enjoy its marine beds and the wide variety of species living there.
- Crancs Cove: It is situated in the furthest extreme from the city and it is one of the most attractive coves. It is flanked both sides by massive rocks full of vegetation. Its fine-grain sand and its access to the sea is slightly uphill making its waters ideal for bathing.